To start the update process, run the executable file. After that, your antivirus will update and perform a quick disk check for malware.
Anti-virus databases are designed for the following products:
- Norton AntiVirus / Norton Internet Security 2008/2009/2010/2011/2012 / 22.6 and above
- Norton 360 version 2.0 / 3.0 / 4.0 / 5.0 / 6.0 / 22.6 and higher
- Norton Security 22.6 and up
- Norton Security with Backup 22.6 and above
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.x / 14.0
- Symantec for Linux / Solaris
Depending on the version of the Norton product, use the appropriate set of definitions:
- Norton 22.6 and below, 12.1.x – 2018xxxx-0xx-v5i32.exe
- Norton 22.7 and 22.8, SEP 14.0 – 2018xxxx-0xx-core3sdsv5i32.exe
- Norton 22.9 and higher – 2018xxxx-0xx-core3sdsg2v5i32.exe
- Symantec for Linux / Solaris – 2018xxxx-0xx-core15unix.sh
The name of the update file consists of the date, version and platform (i32, i64, n64, unix).